At the beginning of May, I published the goals I wanted to accomplish for that month:
1. 10K a Day in May Challenge: I failed. I tried to keep up with this but I found it floating to the way side as I quickly became overwhelmed with school, and annoyed with my pedometer that kept shifting on my waist-band and not counting my steps accurately. Now that I own a MyTrak, I realize how severly innaccurate my pedometer was - probably mostly do to the unsecure attachment to my clothing. The MyTrak stays snuggly against my waist and in a given workday I almost always go over 10K steps (providing I go to the gym as well).
2. Stay On Plan: I did not do this perfectly either, but I still managed to lose some weight this month and I'm grateful and content with that.
3. Move: While I didn't meet the goal of moving by the end of May, we did find and secure a place of residence by the end of May and we are set to move on June 15!
My goals for June:
1. Pass Anatomy/Physiology: I really want to pass both classes (lecture + lab) with an 'A'. So far, so good. I also want to do so while maintaining that little thing called sanity!
2. Plan Meals: By doing this, I should be able to meet May's goal of 'staying on plan'. Now that I'll be in my own place in just a few more days, I know this will be so much easier! I missing cooking like I used to - I love spending hours in the kitchen...
3. Find a New Gym: It will most likely be Gold's, which will be right down the street from me. It was a sad day on Tuesday saying goodbye to Stanley. Stanley is the manager of the gym I go to now - I love this gym. It's large in size, but small in the amount of people who are members there, and many of the people who go there regularly are so personable and friendly. This gym will always hold a special place in my heart - it was the place where I was finally able to get myself refocused on removing this weight once and for all, especially after such a long period of time of not having that focus. I hope that the new gym will develop a special placeholder in my heart as well!
4. Meet My First Weight Loss Goal: I want those shoes so badly, and I want so badly to say I've reached the first goal I've set for myself! Meeting goals are such great motivators!
Tomorrow is weigh in day and I hope I can report back to you with a loss - Happy Thursday :)
You May Also Like:
Alright buds, I did the research today on the Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha (SCM), and here's what I came up with.... First off, it...
For those who don't know, I live in the DC area, and this time of year is very special around these parts. Right around the end of Marc...
This break from Weight Watchers was exactly what I needed (not that I'd ever recommend becoming pregnant if you're burned out on you...