Hungry Girl/Weight Watchers Berry-licious Cupcakes - 3 Points+
- 4 oz Cool Whip Whipped Topping Free Whipped Topping, half an 8 oz container
- 1/4 cup(s) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp SPLENDA® SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener (I used regular sugar)
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp food colouring, neon pink, divided (2 drops)
- 1/2 Tbsp Hershey's Sugar free strawberry syrup, or raspberry variety
- 9 1/8 oz regular white cake dry mix, 2 cups (half an 18.25 oz package)
- 1 cup(s) diet cola, black cherry flavor (I used Diet Dr. Pepper)
- 4 large egg white(s), about 1/2 cup
- 6 medium strawberries, pureed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine whipped topping, cream cheese, Splenda, vanilla extract, 1 drop of food coloring and syrup. Using an electric mixer at medium-low speed, blend until frosting is thoroughly mixed, about 1 minute. Chill frosting in freezer for 20 minutes and then transfer to refrigerator until ready to frost cupcakes.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, soda and egg whites; add pureed strawberries and remaining drop of food coloring. Mix with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until smooth, about 45 seconds.
- Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray, or line with cupcake wrappers. Evenly spoon batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake until firm, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely in pan. Once cool, remove cupcakes from pan and evenly spread with frosting. Yields 1 cupcake per serving.