Anyway, on to the recipe! Tonight Joel & I made a dish from my newest cookbook, Bob Warden's Slow Food Fast. This book goes with my new pressure cooker I received on my birthday! Tonight we made Italian Sausage, Peppers, and Onion Hoagies. They were SOOOOO good! The sausage was incredibly juicy and I'd venture to say that these are better than the ones we used to make over the camp fire when we'd go camping when I was a kid.
-2 Tbsp olive oil
-2 lbs sweet or mild Italian sausage (I used turkey Italian sausage)
-2 teaspoons minced garlic
-2 white onions, peeled, cut in half and sliced in 1/2 inch wide strips
-1 c. green bell pepper, cored and sliced in 1/2 inch wide strips
-1 c. red bell pepper, cored and sliced in 1/2 inch wide strips
-1/2 c. dry white wine (didn't have this so I used chicken broth)
-1 c. water
-1 tsp Italian seasoning
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp ground black pepper
-6 Hoagie Rolls
1. Add the oil to the pressure cooker and heat on high or "brown" with the lid off.
2. Add sausages and saute until well browned on two sides.
3. Add the garlic and about 1/4 of the onions and saute together for another minute.
4. Add the remaining ingredients, securely lock on the pressure cooker's lid, set the cooker to high and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Perform a quick release to release the cooker's pressure. Safely remove lid and serve with a slotted spoon into Hoagie rolls. Top with provolone cheese.
|I don't eat onions & peppers :) but it was SOO delicious!|